Power / Mine
Nobody designs and builds a more application ready load center than IE.
1500 KVA Power Center – James River Coal, Indiana
Power Centers / Mine Load Centers
IE Power Centers – or Load Centers, MLCs, “transformers”, or whatever you call them – form the backbone of your underground power distribution system. IE has delivered thousands of them to every underground sector – coal, trona, potash and salt, phosphate, and hard rock operations.
Nobody design and builds a more application ready load center than IE. Our engineers collectively have hundreds of years experience as mine operators, and they can help you choose the right configuration or fully customize your load center to meet your needs. Options range from time tested, fully manual options to highly automated solutions the latest productivity and safety technology. Regardless, we have you covered.
IE – Engineered by Operators™
Summary Design Elements
- Rugged skid designs in single or split piece designs, low profile or standard heights
- Isolated MV compartments featuring breakers or load break switches
- Main dry-type transformer either isolated or integrated with LV output circuits
- From 2 – 20 output circuits, ranging anywhere from 480V – 4,160V
- Various breaker options including standard molded case or VCB options, contractors, or automatic circuit breakers including our drawout 1000V breaker (1KVDO)
- Fully integrated controls, ground fault protection, NGRs, ground monitoring, proximity switches, and other safety devices
- Standardized, plug and play automation packages (IE’s “SmartCenter™) or customized PLC packages for monitoring and control capabilities
- Arc-Mitigating designs available