Since 1985 IE has specialized in power and electrical engineering. We bring that expertise to your oil and gas industry needs.
IE’s power and automation offering ranges from LV starter panels at well pads to MV substations and complex controls at today’s largest LNG and petrochemical facilities, and everything in between. We pride ourselves in leveraging our experience as industry operators to make life easy for you.
IE – Engineered by Operators.™
Our MV custom switchgear includes outdoor rated and walk-in style options. We provide UL-listed, ANSI metal-clad designs up to 25KV, and Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) packages up to 38 KV in a compact footprint for the most demanding applications. Arc-Resistant designs available.
- Walk-in style or outdoor rated (NEMA 3R) offerings available
- Voltage up to 38 kV and current ratings of 3000A
- All major VCB brands available (ABB, Siemens, Eaton, Toshiba, Schneider)
- Modular, fast-custom solutions available (<12-14 weeks)
- Traditional, Arc-Mitigating, and Arc-Resistant designs available
- UL listings – ANSI C37.20 standards
- Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) designs up to 25 kV and 3000A; GIS rated up to 38KV
- Specialty switchgear and bus systems up to 4000A ampacity
- Short circuit ratings available up to 50KAIC
E-Houses / PDCs
We design and manufacture hundreds of fully-integrated walk-in electrical enclosures every year, ranging from large recurring programs for well-pad facility buildings to custom, multi-split, blast-resistant buildings for the largest midstream and refinery/ petrochem projects. We supply or can integrate customer furnished switchgear, distribution panels, motor controls and starters, UPS systems, and automation contents of your choice.
- Customizable walk-in style electrical enclosures
- 100% integration and testing of all power distribution equipment, whether equipment is IE sourced or customer supplied
- State approvals for all 50 states and various international jurisdictions
- Integrated classified / non-classified HVAC systems
- Enclosures ranging from 6’ x 6’ to single piece buildings of 20’ x 75’; multi-piece split designs reaching 50’ x 200’ or greater
- Built to applicable International Building Code (IBC) per state and local requirements
- Blast resistant and other specialty capabilities
- UL or third-party equivalent certifications available
IE has provided hundreds of turnkey, skid-mounted substations up to 20 MVA for the upstream, midstream, and mining sectors. Ideal for remote electrification, standard designs cut lead times for utility power from >1 year to 20-24 weeks or less. We will work with your utility, co-op, or REA to meet local grid specs.
Specialty options available, including drill-rig substations with specialty harmonic filters and power-factor controls.
- Utility substations up to 20 MVA on a single skid or split skid design
- Designs coordinated with local utilities, including on or off-skid utility metering
- Outdoor rated controls or walk-in style control rooms
- Reduce lead times from more than a year to 20-24 weeks or less
- Utility substations receiving up to 115 kV primary power and 20 MVA in size
- Built to all IEEE substations standards and local utility requirements
PLCs / Automation
We build UL 508a and UL 698a certified PLC and relay panels in all four factory locations.
We quote to spec, or can walk through the cause-and-effect with you to develop the hardware requirements. We also have a deep automation bench offering full programming capabilities.
- Offer design, build, and program capabilities
- Load customer supplied programs, or will collaborate with customer to develop control narratives with customer input to develop custom program
- Manufacture high volumes of both relay panels and PLC panels
- UL 508a and UL 698a (intrinsically Safe, for Class I Div 2 environments) certifications
- We source and build with Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, Schneider, Siemens, and various other PLC components manufacturers