IE’s custom dry-type transformers set the standard for quality in North America.
Transformers (Dry-Type and Oil-Filled)
IE’s custom dry-type transformers set the standard for quality in North America, with thousands in service in the mining, utility, and other industrial sectors.
When IE first began manufacturing dry-type transformers in 2006, we invested in state-of-the-art manufacturing and testing equipment. In 2010 we were one of the first manufacturers in North America to purchase a high-performance GEORG core cutting machine, allowing us to build a high efficiency, step-lap, mitre core into every one of our transformers. Further investments in testing and winding allow us to continue to be at the forefront of dry-type transformer technology and productivity.
IE – Engineered by Operators™
Summary Design Elements
- High-efficiency, step-lap mitre core construction is standard on every transformer, for maximum efficiency
- All copper windings, with two-step Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) on every unit
- Barrel and disc wound designs available
- Optional high voltage epoxy end caps for additional moisture and contaminant protection.
- Standard three-leg and custom five-leg designs available for low profile environments
- Reconfigurable primary for dual feeder voltage capabilities
- Two or more secondary voltages available
- IE designed and manufactured custom enclosures (ventilated and non-ventilated)
Key Performance Specs
- Custom designs from 100 KVA up to 10 MVA
- Primary and secondary voltages up to 25kV; multiple secondary voltages available
- Built to ANSI C57.12.01 standard; all IEEE and ANSI standard met
- UL XXXX designs available