IE’s MV custom switchgear includes both metal-clad and metal enclosed options.
11-circuit custom 5 kV switchgear, Keota Gas Plant, Chevron, Weld County Colorado
Custom 5-circuit 4160V Generator Synchronizing Switchgear, Tahoe Resources Silver Mine, Guatemala
The IE Advantage
IE’s MV custom switchgear includes both metal-clad and metal enclosed options. We excel in design and manufacturing of specialty, custom switchgear – such as low-profile designs for mining or high amperage, 4000A designs required with short lead-times, or meeting specialty enclosure requirements. For customers requiring custom designs, we can design in build in 12-14 weeks, the amount of time most OEMs take just to provide drawings.
We collaborate with our supply chain partners to provide UL-listed, ANSI metal-clad designs up to 25KV, and Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) packages up to 38KV in a compact footprint for the most demanding applications. Arc-Resistant and Arc-Mitigation designs available.
IE – Engineered by Operators™
Summary Design Elements
- Walk-in style or outdoor rated (NEMA 3R and 4X) offerings available. Front access or rear-access/external building designs available
- Ruggedized / skidded designs for mobile switchgear in surface and underground mining, tunneling, or other environments
- Fully integrated walk-in style switchgear buildings with backup power/UPS
- All major VCB brands available (ABB, Siemens, Eaton, Toshiba, Schneider)
- Modular, fast-custom solutions (<12-14 weeks) – includes closed coupled MV MCCs, single or two-high configurations, front or rear access, custom relays
- Traditional, Arc-Mitigating, and Arc-Resistant designs
Key Performance Specs
- UL listings – ANSI C37.20 standards
- Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) designs up to 25 kV and 3000A; GIS rated up to 38KV
- Specialty switchgear and bus systems up to 4000A ampacity
- Short circuit ratings available up to 50KAIC